Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hero Arts Presents… A Digital Challenge with Shari Carroll!

Hello All!

One of my new favorite blogs is Lily Pad Cards they always have wonderful ideas available for inspiration and  I missed out on the last Digital Challenge they hosted so I had to make a card for the new one.  Shari Carroll designed the most wonderful files and I really wanted to make a movie themed card.  I absolutely love movies and so does a friend of mine so I thought this card would be a good idea as a gift.

I decided to make a pop-up tent card using silver card stock.  I used the filmstrip, the clapboard and the stars from Shari's set.  I made the popcorn bucket a while back and I was so excited to use it with this card.  To add more detail to the pieces I hand embossed the popcorn to give it texture, put glossy accents on the stars, added the diagonal white stripes to the clapboard and drew on it with a white gel pen to make it look realistic.

I secured the pop-up flap with some more popcorn on the inside.  I then decided I needed tickets and everything I found in the stores near me had the store names on them so I made my own.  I made the Admit One graphic in Make-the-Cut and printed it I then cut the tickets out using my Cricut.  I cut a slit on the inside black piece to secure the tickets (when I give it away I will put real tickets in ;) even though the new ones are so ugly) and added the sentiment. 

I really enjoyed making this card so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing creativity!!! I LOVE what you did with the digital set! Thank you so much for playing with us at lily pad cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!!!!! It's incredible, good job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this? I love this creative use of the HA digital set! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete