Monday, April 25, 2011

My Gathered Paper Flower

Ah what a beautiful day!

I just wanted to share some cards I made awhile ago using the same technique showed on Kristina Werner's Design Blog you can find the original post and video here

Ok now on to the cards!  I cut a standard A2 size card in half to come up with this sized card (pretty sure now that I look at the original post I got the idea from Kristina :) but they are such a great size!) and I used Basic Grey's Koshi paper to make the flower and  Basic Grey button.  The Hello sentiment (Stampendous - Happy Messages) and Leaves (Stampology - Mindy's Flowers) were embossed on the card with white embossing powder and I drew on the white dashed lines with a white gel pen.


For my next card I used some paper from Cosmo Cricket's Wanted 6x6 paper pack.  I used the same sentiment stamps and stamped the sentiment on with some brown ink and drew the stems with brown marker.  Since I used 6x6 inch paper for these flowers they are smaller, it is really neat that your paper length/width determines how big the flower is going to be so you can totally customize them.  To finish I added some sparkly buttons and some distress inking around the edges.  Please Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment