Friday, April 15, 2011

Little Notepads & a Journal

I have been tinkering with little notepads that I found at an office supply store, I used Curio paper and pieces  from Basic Grey  my computer and my Cricut to create all of these:
It's kind of hard to see the words the first notepad has "thoughts & ideas" and the second has "take note".  I also used distressing ink to age the paper and pieces.
On the second notepad I also used We Are Memory Keepers Wide Eyelet  I loved the way the dark metal looked with the paper!
All of the words are in the font Gill Sans MT which is one of my favorite fonts lately.
I didn't put any wording on this notepad because I really liked the message on the Basic Grey "in my dreams..." piece.  It just worked so well the way it was.
I also found journal refills and thought why couldn't I recover that and make it my own journal?  I love the way it turned out!  I used the shape from one of the Basic Grey pieces and made my own on my Cricut.  I stamped the flowers with distressing ink in Walnut Stain and layered it with an eyelet.
I just wanted to post the journal along with the notepad so you could see the size difference.  The notepads are 3.25" by 4.5" and the Journal is 4.75" by 6.5".  I'm really glad I found those little notepads they will work so well for jotting down any thoughts I may have (I always seem to have tons of post-its floating around in my purse so this should help with that).  Thank you for taking a look and I hope you like them,  I do have more Curio paper so hopefully I'll have a couple more to share!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are all just gorgeous! Love the colors and the lay-outs and paper. Fab job!
    Don't tell me I am your only follower! Your work is just great!
    Have a great day,
    Jose

    ReplyDelete