Thursday, August 30, 2012

Celebrate Neon

Okay so I was sitting here last night and forgot I have another card for the Young Crafters Unite! - Challenge #13 Hot Trends.  I saw this card that Julie Ebersole made awhile back and I really wanted to try to make a card using the confetti shaker technique.



I thought to myself I really want to use bright colors and what is brighter than NEON!  It's so on trend right now and I really wanted to challenge myself to use them.  I knew it could be a bit much so I made sure to tone it down with the white background.  Who doesn't love interactive cards?  Really give me one example....you can't?  That's what I thought;)


Okay so my camera sucks and it didn't quite capture the cards neoness (yep just made that up) but I promise it is really bright in person.  I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the heart cutout and the bright colors are fab! Thanks for playing along with us at Young Crafters Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this! I love the simplicity and fun bright colors =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I have a question! What is that heart die you used to create the window called, and what manufacturer makes it? I simply love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I'm not the best at keeping up with my blog and I hope to get better at it in the future:) As for your question I cut this heart out using Make-the-Cut and my Gazelle. I designed the heart in Inkscape before cutting it out, but I took my inspiration from the wonderful Hearts Die Cut Combo over at Clear and Simple Stamps. I hope this answers your question.

      Delete