Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Presents a Patterned Paper Challenge Card 1

I'm back!!!

I've finally found some creative juices and I've got them flowing for the new challenge over at Lily Pad Cards.  The challenge I'm entering is the Simon Says Stamp Presents a Patterned Paper Challenge.  I've made two cards for this challenge and here is my first card:

I apologize about the lighting I took this picture at night, and here in ND it gets dark so early... I can't wait for summer! :)

I really wanted to push myself and use some great patterned papers.  I used SEI's Couture collection and made a pie SVG on Make-the-Cut.  I mixed and matched Couture's paper to create a wonderful mixed patterned circle. 

I then did some stamping with Papertrey's Iconic Images and used Hero Arts Everyday Sayings for the sentiment.  I didn't quite have the right color purple ink so I used Memento Lilac Posies and then put Grape Jelly right over top before I stamped. 

I'm really glad with the way it turned out and I wish you could see this card in person because the Couture papers are so shimmery and beautiful in the light.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Amy I love what you did with printed papers! Fantastic design, too - thanks so much for playing with us again at the Pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of patterned papers! Very beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at the Lily Pad, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete